Boo By The Woods 2022
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Boo by the Woods – Bigger and better than ever, thanks to our partners and generous sponsors!
NEW THIS YEAR: Friday, October 7th Indoor Haunted Basement at the library. 6pm - 9pm. Purchase a ticket for this one time through indoor scare. This is geared towards older children and teens with an extreme fear factor and lots of jump scares!
Saturday, October 8th is our annual family friendly Boo by the Woods! This year’s event will be back at the Avon Lake Public Library and Kopf Family Reservation.
The event begins at 4pm with food trucks,
The Family Friendly Trail begins at 5pm and a wristband purchase is required.
If you dare, enter the Haunted Trail featuring spooky tales as it winds through the woods. New this year, things get even scarier with the Haunted Basement located inside the library.
To accommodate the trail size and give families the best view of the scenery, wristbanded guests will be asked to walk in smaller groups within their time slot.
Friday Only Ticket Sales: Tickets for the one time through indoor haunted attraction will go on sale Wednesday, October 7, 2022.
Saturday Wristband Sales: Resident wristband sales will open Wednesday, October 7, 2022 at 9:00am. Please note there is a limited number of wristbands available, wristbands typically sell out the same day they go on sale.
* To be fair and equitable to all attendees, we respectfully request patrons abide by the limit of 10 wristbands per household. Purchases over 10 per household will be cancelled and refunded.
- Wristbands are $8 per person for the Haunted Trail & Basement (same price for adults and kids). Children 2 years of age and under are FREE.
- Wristbands are required to be worn to visit both the Haunted Trail and the Haunted Basement. Purchases are non-refundable, as this is a rain or shine event. There is a chance that the trail could be closed due to extreme weather. There is a maximum of 10 wristband per household.
- Wristbands will be mailed out approximately one week prior to the event and must be worn for admission to both the Haunted Trail and the Haunted Basement (other Boo by the Woods events are FREE).
- Wristbands are sold in 15 minute increments. Please enter the trail queue at the beginning of your time slot. For example, if you purchase a 6:00pm-6:15pm wristband, please enter the line at 6:00pm. If you miss your time slot, you will not be permitted to enter the trail, so please plan to arrive early.
4:00pm Boo by the Woods begins and Food Trucks Open! Free activities include: DJ, inflatable obstacle course, pumpkin decorating, hay maze, Trunk or Treat, and character meetings
Food Trucks: Off the Griddle, Manna Food Truck, Dough Daddy Doughnuts and Kountry Krunchins
5:00pm - 5:15pm Guests with early admission will be able to walk a Not-So-Spooky Family Trail with cool characters and scenes while it is still daylight.
6:00pm - 9:00pm Haunted Trail & Haunted Basement open for ticketed guests
General Trail Information
Details about the Haunted Trail:
The trail itself will take approximately 30 minutes. During your venture through the woods, you will encounter many festive Halloween scenes. While the scenes and characters can be spooky, we are not here to startle you.
We suggest this trail for 8 years and older, but he final decision is up to the parents; we trust that you know your child’s fear level. The trail is a 3/4 mile walk through Kopf Reservation.
Details about the Haunted Basement:
New this year, things get scarier inside the Haunted Basement. We suggest this attraction for kids 10 and older as the scenes are scarier and you may be startled. However, the characters will not touch you and no strobe lights are used. Masks are required for guests and actors indoors.
Upon arrival, we recommend heading to our information booth in the center of the library parking lot. There, you can pick up a map of the event and any pre-ordered t-shirts.
Parking is NOT available at Avon Lake Public Library. Please use the Avon Lake High School North Lot, Anchor Church, or Erieview Elementary School. Police will be available for assistance crossing Electric Blvd. Limited handicapped parking available, check with the police officer at the East entrance of the library parking lot.
Family Activities: Take your photo with visitors from a galaxy far far away, Enchanted Princesses and Superheroes! Afterwards, make a spooky craft, or learn a little bit about spooky animals with Back to the Wild!
Outside the library you will find pumpkin decorating, the Ghostbuster's car & the Ghostbuster's themselves, Trunk or Treat and the entrance to the trail. At an extra cost food and beverage will be offered.
SPECIAL THANKS to our partners: This event is made possible by a partnership with the City of Avon Lake and the Avon Lake Public Library. We thank them for their support. For all of the volunteer support, we thank Avon Lake Boosters, Avon Lake Drama Club, ALHS Key Club, Cleveland Haunt Club, Cleveland Ghostbusters, Friends of the Park, Friends of the Library, Kiwanis, Super Heroes to Kids in Ohio.