Avon Lake Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Looking for a summer job? Check out these opportunities with the City of Avon Lake!
All of our employees will be expected to follow current COVID guidelines provided to us by the Lorain County Board of Health.
- Safety Town Teachers: Our summer Safety Town program is designed for students entering kindergarten (and this year only, first grade) in the fall.Safety Town takes place at Westview Elementary School. Applicants should be a certified teacher and will teach the students about safety services in the community as well as ensure students learn their full names, addresses, and phone numbers. Sessions are two hours long with three sessions offered each day for four weeks. We are seeking two teachers per session per 27 students. Compensation offered for prep and planning time; all supplies and a clear and easy-to-teach curriculum will be provided. Pays $12-$15 per hour.
- Lifeguard: Age 15 and up. This position provides safety for our pool patrons. Employee must be Red Cross certified. Optional WSI and LGI certifications. Pool hours are 11am-8pm. Pays $10-13 per hour.
- Pool Maintenance: Age 15 and up. This employee is in charge of light cleaning of the Aquatic Center (including the pool and restrooms) and maintaining facility grounds with general landscaping. An individual in this position can work up to 40 hours per week. Pays $8.80-$13 per hour.
- Pool Admissions: Age 15 and up. This employee should have great customer service skills, be patient and be able to handle money. Basic math and general computer skills are a must! Pays $8.80-$13 per hour.
- Greenbox Attendant: Age 15 and up. This employee facilitates our Greenbox arts & crafts program. They need to work well with children, work independently, and work at different parks throughout the city. Transportation must be reliable for this position. Must be available to work Tuesday-Friday, 10am-2:30pm. Additional hours may be available some evenings. Pays $8.80-$13 per hour.
- Field Attendants: Age 18 and up. This person will assist with youth and adult sports programming and supervise evening sporting events, as well as help prepare equipment and fields.Pays $8.80-$13 per hour.
- Park Attendants: Age 18 and up. First Aid/CPR Certification preferred. This position requires leadership, good judgement and problem-solving skills. Attendants patrol city parks and provide customer service to park visitors while enforcing park rules. This position supports the Fishing with Friends program, Summer Concert series, and Yoga in the Park; also provided general park maintenance. Shifts are available morning, day, and evening and typically last 4-6 hours. Park Attendants will attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as assigned. Pays $8.80-$13 per hour.
Completed Seasonal Employment Application can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 440-933-0051, or mailed to 150 Avon Belden Rd., Avon Lake, Oh 44012.
We are also looking for basketball officials/scorekeepers and baseball umpires. If you are interested in any of those positions contact Olivia Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org