Program Dates: June 12-June 13, 2021
Program Time: 11:00am-4:00 pm
Program Locations: Old Firehouse Community Center (100 Avon Belden Rd.)
Program Instructor: Allison Allen
The purpose of the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor-Blended Learning Crossover/Re-entry course is to recognize the training of previous Water Safety instructors and other qualified swimming instructors, and to allow these individuals to participate in a modified instructor course in a blended learning format to become current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors.
Individuals qualified to take this course include:
* Former American Red Cross Water Safety instructors whose authorizations have been expired for no longer than 2 years. (Note: Instructors or instructor trainers whose authorizations were suspended or withdrawn for any reason are not eligible to participate in the Water Safety Instructor Crossover/Re-entry course).
* Current swimming instructors from other organizations (see list below).
* Be at least 16 years of age on or before the last scheduled class of the Water Safety Instructor Crossover/Re- entry course.
* Possess one of the following credentials:
* Proof of former Water Safety Instructor authorization
* Proof of current external credentials that show the participant has successfully completed a formalized swimming instructor course with one of the following organizations:
* Canadian Red Cross
* YMCA of the USA
* National Safety Council/Ellis & Associates, Inc.
* American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI)-Starfish Aquatics Institute
* American Swim Coaches Association-Swim America
* American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
* Others as determined by Red Cross Training Services'
* Successfully complete the Water Safety Instructor Course pre-course session
Registration Deadline: May 23, 2021